Monday 16 February 2015

Some Exciting New Purchases

...or at least exciting for me!

So - oh dear. I caved.



















Yep. I bought the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, despite it being rather expensive at £22, although I did get 10% off with a promotion from ASOS.

Basically my Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer is almost empty and I decided I wanted to take the plunge and try this concealer, since it's received a lot of hype since it was released back in 2013.

It also seemed like it might be better option than the Collection one for dark circles, since - although I do really like the Collection concealer with its high coverage - it is a little drying underneath my eyes, and I also like to use a pink toned concealing product along with it to make sure my purpley-blue dark circles are cancelled out - the MAC Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose is brilliant for this, even though it's meant to be a highlighter/generic YSL Touche Eclat copycat product. It's also lasted me ages (so I probably just jinxed it and it will run out any day now!)

I don't live near a NARS counter so I took a bit of a risk and guessed what shade to get. I was torn between the two lightest shades (Chantily and Vanilla) but in the end I chose Vanilla after trawling through loads of beauty blogs and seeing swatches of each shade (and also a lot of praise for the actual product). Chantily was described as being 'very, very light' by one blogger so I was a bit put off choosing it since although I'm very fair I don't want a concealer that's just going to highlight imperfections if it's too light. Also Vanilla has a 'tiny cast of pink' so again that makes it more ideal for concealing dark circles. Ideally I might prefer a shade that's somewhere in-between the two but you can't have it all, and to be fair NARS already do offer a great choice of shades. I will see how it covers spots but ultimately I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't fare so well at covering spots, as long as it covers my awful dark circles. (And I can just use the Collection concealer for spots.)

I really hope I don't live to regret buying this or wish I'd gone for the lightest shade (I am usually the lightest shade in everything, but I think Chantily is probably intended for those even fairer than me.)

I'll write a review soon and see how it compares to the Collection one - both get 4.2 out of 5 on Makeupalley so it might be a close one. I'm hoping for great things since this is raved about so much in the beauty blogging community and on YouTube!

Also from ASOS I bought this dress, which is actually by Warehouse:

Picture credit: ASOS
I really like this dress even though I wasn't sure at first about the way it ties at the back:

Picture credit: ASOS
The cord looks so long that it might tickle your back! I may have to double knot it or something. I've been told before that I have a nice back (unusual compliment but hey) and although I don't know if that's true, I don't mind getting my back out in this dress. I love the colour and the overall shape - the way it flares out looks really flattering.

It was also quite a bargain at £16 (and then 10% off again) reduced from £55, although strangely the label actually says £60. I think I'm going to wear it on a date night with the boyfriend!
I'm not sure what shoes or accessories to wear with it yet but I'll probably keep it quite simple as the dress is already quite bright. I quite like the silver heels the model is wearing but I have enough high heels as it is so I've kind of banned myself from buying more!

The NARS concealer is also available here.

Have you bought anything you're excited about recently?

Thanks for reading!
Sabrina :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik