Monday 27 April 2015

The Make-up Memory Lane Tag!

Hi! I thought I'd do this tag as I've enjoyed reading it on various blogs; most recently Natalie's here and I also liked Vivianna Does Makeup's video on it. I think it's interesting to think about how our makeup preferences have changed over the years. As mentioned before, despite wearing makeup in the pictures below at ages 16 and 13, I actually wasn't really very interested in it until I was around 17!

First makeup item ever purchased?
I can't remember but it may have been either Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation (which, even in the lightest shade, was too orange for my skin!) or L'oreal Glam Shine 6 Hour Lip Gloss in Eternal Beige which is a fairly sticky and glittery pinky nude shade that I picked out especially for my year 11 prom in 2009:



This is how my natural brown hair colour looks.
Almost six years later, I still have it and I'm not sure if it might be too old to use now!

First MAC item? 
I think it was Ever Hip lipstick which is a really nice coral pink.

First MAC/other brand collection? 
Ever Hip was released in the Fashion Flower collection I believe. 

First high end make up splurge? 
I think it was YSL's Touche Eclat - but mine ran out annoyingly quickly. I got it because it was (and still is) a bit cheaper on this website and it's of course a cult product, but it basically ran out before I'd even made my mind up on whether I liked it or not - it's too late to say anything to them of course!

First makeover experience? 
When I was 13 I got a 'makeover' / photo shoot gift experience because my dad didn't want his 50th birthday gift experience. At the time I actually sort of wanted to be a model (cringe) so I quite enjoyed it, even though now the photos are a bit embarrassing! My hair was straightened to within an inch of its life and I had pink eyeshadow on:

Me in 2006...
First makeup brush? 
Hmm probably a makeup freebie, but the first proper set of brushes I bought myself was from 17!

First eyeshadow? 
When I was 14 I used to quite like using this Ipod-shaped eyeshadow palette that my friend got me, but the first eyeshadow I think I ever bought for myself was a dark brown 'Little Round Pot' by Bourjois - I'm still not sure whether shades like that make my blue eyes pop or whether they just made me look tired or bruised! The actual eyeshadow is nice though.

First skincare "investment"? 
Hmm, I actually don't think I've ever made a massive splurge on a skincare product. The only thing that comes to mind is La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo which unfortunately didn't work at all for me, but I was able to get my money back with a guarantee :)

First nail polish owned? 
I used to get random unbranded nail polishes for free from my teen magazines but I didn't use them very much because I didn't want to get into trouble at school (such a goody goody) I did enjoy peel off nail polish though - so satisfying! I have no idea what the first nail polish I ever bought for myself was.

First fake tan attempt? 
I've never tried to do an all over fake tan application apart from dabbling a little bit with gradual tan. I did use to apply fake tan on my legs for nights out to in an attempt to make them look less pasty (that's right, only on my legs.) But other than that, I can't really be bothered to do a fake tan and I'm okay with being pale!

Hope you enjoyed this post!
What are your makeup memories?

Sabrina xx

6 comments:

  1. Haha I love this! Mine was totally the dream matte mousse too - that was such a hyped up product when I was growing up!! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I used to use either that or Rimmel's Stay Matte Foundation even though I didn't have oily skin at the time haha xx

      Delete
  2. Ah I love this tag, I think Dream Matte Mousse may have been one of my first makeup purchases as well! It was like an essential for us girls back in the day aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's interesting looking back on what products we used to love! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh we've all been there with the Dream Matte Mousse - vile stuff! I can't believe it's still in circulation haha xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, I mean it's great if it works for some people but I just find it awfully cakey! xx

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik