Tuesday 12 May 2015

Rediscovery and Review: Soap and Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder

Does anyone else occasionally just have a random play with their makeup collection, finding old favourites that you may have forgotten that you had? I remember there was a big buzz around Soap and Glory's makeup line when it launched a couple of years ago. One product that I would rediscover if only I could find it would be the Sexy Mother Pucker (lol) Gloss Stick in Nudist - I don't know where it's got to but it's a brilliant product and I may have to check out another shade soon!

Soap and Glory Glow All Out

Anyway, I happily rediscovered the Glow All Out Luminizing Face Powder which is such a stunning product. It is a very light peachy pink which actually counts as a blush on my pale skin at the moment, although I usually use it along with a blush. I now use a mattifying foundation so I think this powder is a brilliant way to add a bit of a glow where you want it on oily skin (and possibly more suitable than using a liquid highlighter, like Benefit's High Beam.) Sorry that mine's looking a bit worse for wear, I've owned it for a long time!

Soap and Glory Glow All Out

As usual with Soap and Glory, the name is punny and the packaging looks good, although the cardboard/paper packaging is a bit flimsy. The good folks at Soap and Glory have actually recently repackaged it into a sturdier plastic compact which is a great improvement. This is quite expensive for a drugstore makeup product at £11 but it's currently in a '3 for 2' offer.

They say:

Use it to lift up your cheekbones or dust lightly all over for a 'moonlit' look. Featuring LIGHTSCRAMBLE™ Luminospheres Pigment Pearls and extended wear silicone technology.

Oh, Soap and Glory, you and your made up words. But yes, this does contain silicones, and S&G aren't shy about that, but if that helps this stay on longer on my oily skin, then I'm on board (she says, whilst googling silicones to try and understand whether they're good or bad.)

Soap and Glory Glow All Out


As for the colour, I'll let the pictures do the talking and show how gorgeous it is:

Soap and Glory Glow All Out
This is quite a heavy swatch, just to get the colour to show up!

Soap and Glory Glow All Out
Blended out. Sorry about the creepy vein!
As you can see, it is very radiant without being glittery in the slightest (which is the main thing that puts me off highlighters sometimes!) 

So basically...if you want a pink powder highlighter which blends well, adds beautiful radiance and a little bit of colour to pale complexions, then you may well love this as much as I do - I'm certainly going to be reaching for it a lot this Spring/Summer! 

Have you tried this product? What's your go-to highlighter?

Hope you enjoyed this post!

Sabrina xx

4 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik