Friday 3 July 2015

NOTW - Essie's Tart Deco

Hi! I thought I'd do a little rave and review post about my latest Essie polish, Tart Deco, which you might have already seen me post a picture of if you follow me on Instagram. I was in love with the colour when I bought it but when I got home I wasn't sure whether to return it as it has very negative reviews on Makeupalley. I gave it a try anyway and overall I really like it!

Essie Tart Deco Nail Polish


I've had a few minor issues with the formula - same as Mint Candy Apple it is quite runny so you need to be careful not to let it go over the sides of your nails. If I do get any polish at the side where it shouldn't be then I find I can easily chip it off which is actually quite satisfying! However the formula and brush both leave you with a shiny and pretty look at the end. I think this one is also more opaque with one coat than Mint Candy Apple but I still preferred two coats.

I've also found that this polish chips a bit more easily than Mint Candy Apple - not that it completely chips off a whole nail, but more that it repeatedly chips at the tips of my nails, including the day after I'd topped it up and sorted out the chips, which was a bit annoying, but in fairness I had been busy doing stuff that day with my hands.

Overall I can get over any minor annoyances that I have with the formula because I absolutely adore the colours of Mint Candy Apple and Tart Deco. Tart Deco in particular is a polish that I think would be lovely on toes as well as nails.

There's actually since been a very similar coral colour released in their Summer Collection this year called Peach Side Babe so I definitely don't need that one as well but it also looks very pretty. If you're not sure which one to get, Essie Envy did a really helpful post here comparing the two and other shades in the collection. Right now I am really lusting after Chillato, a yellowy lime green shade which is nothing like anything I have in my collection. I wish I could buy and review the whole collection but I can't!

Also if you're a new reader and haven't seen it, I wrote a post about my 10 nail polish picks for Spring/Summer a while ago here. :)

What nail polishes are you loving at the moment? Will you be picking anything up from the Essie Summer Collection?

Sabrina xx


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! I recently blogged about Chillato funnily enough! I love the colour x

    Hannah x hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely relate to this! There was this gorgeous shade I was obsessed with for a while called Lovie Dovie. I would get so many compliments when I wore it, but it chipped so easy. My mani pedi's normally lasted a good 2 weeks but no when I used Essie nail polish. My nails would barely last a week before I needed to go get a polish change. I ended up spending way more than I had to every month on my nails.

    Dominique
    www.onlythebraveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't really pull off girly colors haha but this is really cute :)

    danielle | avec danielle | instagram

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik